Aside from the MySQL Databases feature, the Hosting Manager also has MySQL Database Wizard feature that will walk you through setting up a new MySQL database.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Click on My Account at the top of the page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click the word Databases or the [ v ] arrow symbol on the right side.
- Next, click the MySQL Database Wizard button, which is next to MySQL Databases icon.
- In Step 1, type the name you want to use for the database in the New Database field.
- Click Next Step.
- In Step 2: Create Database Users, fill out the following fields:
||This is the new privileged user’s name.
||This will serve as the key that will enable you to access your MySQL database. The system will tell you how weak or strong your password is when you type it in the appropriate fields.
If you find it difficult to make a strong enough password for your email, you can let the system create one for you.
Click the Password Generator button. In the pop-up box, copy the generated password and paste that in the Password fields.
You can also choose to check I have copied this password in a safe place. Then, click Use Password. This will automatically copy and paste the generated password in the Password fields.
Important Note: Make sure you have actually saved the generated password in a safe and easy to recall place.
||This is only for confirmation and should be the same as in the Password field above.
- Click Create User.
- In the next page you will get the following notification:
✔ You have successfully created a MYSQL user named “hosting-username_new-user”
Below that is Step 3. This is where you will set the user privileges. Check the permitted actions you would like to grant the user within the database. You can also choose to check All Privileges to give the user permission to do everything on the list.
If the creation is successful, you will get the following notification:
✔ User “hostingname_user” was added to the database “hostingname_database” with the requested privileges.
- Click Next Step.
- In Step 4, you complete the task and will get the following notification:
✔ User “hostingname_user” was added to the database “hostingname_database”.
Congratulations, you now know how to create a MySQL database using MySQL Database Wizard.
If you want to know more about what is a MySQL database, click here.
If you want to know what to do in case you lost your MySQL database user/password, click here.
If you want to know how to fix a MySQL database, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.