Do I need Web Hosting?
So you want a website. But what does that actually mean? How do you get from having an idea to putting out a finished online product? The task seems huge - the jargon, buzzwords and technological know-how all look really complicated. There's an easy solution, though. Let's start at the beginning.
Getting Started - the Basics
A website is made out of files. Every time you load a webpage, you are accessing those files, yet they don't have to be stored on your computer. The way that they can get to your browser is that a server (a type of very powerful computer) sends them to you on-demand. You need access to a server to make your website visible online.
But what's the difference between your computer and a server? You can just keep your files where they are and send them out whenever people want right from your laptop, right?
Great Power and Great Responsibility
It's a nice idea, but home computers just aren't powerful enough. Think about it - you can have hundreds of people on a website, all clicking different things, looking at your blog, searching for your phone number, and the site still works. That's because the server it's on can respond fast enough. Think about what your computer would do if you tried to run a hundred programs on it at once. Not pretty, right?
You'd also need a super-fast internet connection and an agreement with your ISP that you'd be using it 24/7. If someone on the other side of the world wants to see your site, you probably want to let them. That means the server has to be up and running all the time. Sleep easy - we at Crazy Domains have a 99.9% uptime guarantee so you know your site is always running.
Those are just some of the reasons you need Web Hosting if you want a good website. So why get your hosting from Crazy Domains?
Crazy Domains Hosting Advantages
- Speed: Thanks to the latest in hardware (like SSD for file storage) at Crazy Domains we have 300% faster speeds than HDD hosting provides.
- Reliability: Using the latest in Cloud Hosting technology, we can offer sites that stay up even if there is a power outage in a data center.
- It's Easy: We can take care of all your needs, and we're available 24/7 to answer your questions. A high standard of service for us is just, well - standard. You can get your site up an running in minutes and enjoy a strong online presence and a strong team on your side.
Got any questions? We'd love to hear from you - get in touch and we'd be happy to help.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
- Installing WordPress on my Web Hosting
- What is Web Hosting?
- How to perform a full backup of your Web Hosting
- How long does Web Hosting transfer take?
- Windows Servers vs Web Hosting