Domain Transfer refers to the process of changing the designated Registrar of a domain name. Once a domain is transferred, the new Registrar will be responsible for keeping and managing your Domain Name System (DNS) records.
Transferring a .UK Domain Name with Crazy Domains is easy, and will not interfere with your website’s operations. Usually, it involves your current Registrar and Crazy Domains only. However, if your current Registrar won't be able to complete the transfer for you, you can do it manually instead. In just 10 days, your transfer shall be successfully completed.
How to Transfer .UK with the Help of Your Current Registrar
To transfer your .UK Domain Name, there are some actions you need to accomplish or requisites you need to secure first before you can legally transfer it. Refer to the respective guides below:
Steps to complete with your current Registrar:
- Contact your current Registrar to inform them of the transfer.
- Verify the contact information of your Domain Name. Most importantly, make sure that your Registrant’s email address is correct, for all emails regarding the transfer will go to this email address.
- Make sure that your .UK Domain Name is unlocked.
- Domain must be set to public. Cancel private or protected registration.
- Request to change current your domain's IPS Tag to DREAMSCAPE.
Steps to complete with Crazy Domains:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Account Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click on the Visit My Account button.
- Click Domains on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click Transfer on the left-side menu.
- Type the Domain Name you wish to transfer then click the Transfer button.
- Enter your domain password in the field provided, click the Add button, and then click Transfer Now.
- Click Check Out.
A confirmation email will be sent to you once the transfer has been completed.
For a more tailored guide for some specific Registrants, refer to the corresponding guides:
How to Transfer .UK Manually
If your current Registrar failed to complete the transfer for you, you can do it manually through .UK governing body’s website www.nominet.uk at a certain cost. Follow the guide below:
- Go to https://secure.nominet.org.uk/auth/access-your-account.html.
- On Nominet's page, enter your email address in the field provided, then click Submit.
A link to reset your Nominet password will be sent to your email address.
- Click the link provided in the email sent to you to reset your password.
- Enter your new password, click Confirm, then click Set Password.
- Upon successfully changing your password, go to https://secure.nominet.org.uk/auth/login.html.
- Enter your email address and password, then click Log In.
- Click Registrar Change, then click Next.
- Select the domain name(s) you wish to transfer to Crazy Domains, then click Next.
- In the Registrar Change field, enter DREAMSCAPE then click Search.
- Click Choose, then click Next.
- Enter the required details.
- Click Continue & Make Payment.
- Enter your payment details, then click Next.
- Click Submit.
A confirmation email will be sent to you once the transfer has been completed. Your .UK Domain Name can then be already managed through Crazy Domains.
Congratulations! You have just transferred your .UK Domain Name to Crazy Domains. Thank you for choosing us!