An SRV Record (Service Record) is a resource record in the Domain Name System (DNS) that indicates the location of a service using a specific destination port number and hostname. Using the SRV Record, we can move services such as VOIP or IM, from host to host easily.
Before making changes to your DNS, you need to ensure that you're using the correct Name Servers for your domain name by checking on the guide below:
Then, depending on which Name Servers you're using, you can create SRV Records via Account Manager using the steps on this guide.
Otherwise, read the linked guides below to create SRV Records via Hosting or Exchange Manager:
Note: To create an SRV Record for your domain name via Account Manager, you will need Premium DNS, which is a DNS cloud hosting service with complete DNS hosting management tools.
For UK users, SRV Records and all other Premium DNS features are granted for every domain registration without the need to upgrade, as per Registry policies.
Add or Update SRV Records via Account Manager
Follow these steps to add or update SRV Records for your domain name via your Account Manager:
- Log In to your Account Manager.
- Click Domains on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click the Domain Name that you wish to manage.
If you only have one domain, you will automatically be redirected to its management page.
- Scroll down to the DNS Settings section and click the Hamburger Menu on the right, then select Add Record.
(Or to update an existing record: hover your cursor over the SRV Record and click the Modify option that appears on its right.)
- Select SRV Record from the drop-down menu, then click the Add button.
- Enter the Sub Domain if necessary, then set the following in their corresponding fields:
- Priority number - the lower the number, the higher the priority
- Weight number of the target host - the higher the number, the higher the weight
- Port of the service
- Target - the domain name of the target host
- Click Update.
You've now added or updated SRV Records for your domain name.
Note: SRV Records are applied immediately but may take up to 2 hours to propagate across the internet. If you have created your SRV Record and have seen no change, please wait for this propagation period to finish. Otherwise, contact us for assistance.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.