When adding a Product to your Online Store, you have the choice to assign it to a Category right away. However, you can also add the Product first, then assign it to a Category later, one by one or by bulk.
Important: The Store option is only available for the eCommerce Website Builder plan and will not appear on all other Website Builder plans. If you want to easily set up an Online Store with complete SSL protection and easy setup and monitoring of Products and Orders, you will need to upgrade your current Website Builder plan or purchase a new eCommerce Website Builder plan.
To assign Products to a Category in Website Builder, follow the instructions below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Account Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password then, click Log In.
- Click the Visit My Account button.
- Click Website Builder from the menu at the top of the page.
- Click on the eCommerce Website Builder plan that you wish to manage.
If you only have one Website Builder plan, you will automatically be redirected to its management page.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the [+] Icon at the upper right-hand section of the page and click Build Now.
- On the Sites page of your Website Builder Dashboard, hover your mouse pointer over the project/website that you would like to customise and click EDIT.
- Click Store from the left-side menu.
If this is your first time accessing this option, click Get Started then wait a few seconds for the Website Builder Editor to add a Store page and Shopping Cart to your website.
- Click the Manage link beside Categories at the left-side menu.
- Click on a Category name from the left-side menu on the pop-up window.
- Click on the Category products tab. The list of Products assigned to that Category will appear (if any).
Note: This is also where you can sort the Products within a Category. Click and drag a Product to position, then drop it to sort according to how you want them to appear on your Online Store.
- Click Assign Products to Category. A second pop-up box will appear.
- Enter the SKU or Product Name in the fields provided, then press Enter to filter your search.
TIP: The SKU, or Stock Keeping Unit, is a number assigned for each Product entered into the system for tracking purposes. You can display a series of Products by simply entering one digit, e.g. "0".
On the other hand, if you can't remember the exact Product Name, you can simply enter a letter or a keyword in the field provided.
- Click the [+] Icon beside the Product to add them one by one.
Or, tick the boxes corresponding to all the Products that you wish to add, then click Add products to add them in bulk.
If you need to create a new Category, you can click on the Add Root Category button at the top. For a more detailed instruction on how to add a Category for your Store in Website Builder, click here.
Congratulations! You just learned how to assign Products to a Category for your Website Builder Store.