A Mail Account, or more commonly known as email account, is a virtual mailbox with which you can send and receive electronic mails (emails) over a computer network like the internet. Aside from sending and receiving emails, you can also store and manage messages in a Mail Account. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to create a mail account in Plesk
How To Create a Mail Account
Before you can create a Mail Account in Plesk, make sure that your registered domain is connected to your Windows hosting.
If your domain and Windows hosting are with Crazy Domains, then you are ready to create your personalised Mail Account, since your domain is automatically connected to your hosting.
However, if your domain is registered with another provider, you will need to first connect it with your Windows hosting that is registered with us. To do that, you need to log in to your domain’s management console and update the Name Servers to the following records:
Important: After setting the Name Servers, it can take up to 24 hours for the changes or updates to successfully take effect.
If your domain name is registered with us, you can read our guide to learn how to connect it to your Windows Hosting that is with another provider.
To create a Mail Account in the Plesk panel, follow the steps below:
- Access your Hosting Manager.
- Click Mail from the left-side menu.
- On the Email Addresses tab, click on the Create Email Address button at the top of the page.
- On the General tab of the next page, enter your Email address in the field provided before the [ @ ] symbol, then select the domain name you wish to use from the drop-down menu after the [ @ ] symbol.
- Enter the Password you would like to use for this email address and retype it under Confirm password.
You can click on the Generate button to use a strong, system-generated password and click on the Show button to view and copy the password.
- On the Mailbox section, you can set the mailbox size or mailbox quota for this specific email account:
- Default size (Unlimited) - for an unlimited amount of email storage that maximizes your hosting plan's storage limit.
- Another size - to set a specific size or quota for email storage.
- Click OK to confirm.
Congratulations! You have just created a Mail Account in Plesk. For email setup instructions, refer to the Email Hosting Getting Started Guide. If you have any questions, or need assistance in creating your mail account in Plesk, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.