Normally, if an email is sent to an unknown address on your domain name, the sender will receive a bounce back notifying the sender that the email had failed. With a Catch-All email account, misaddressed emails on your domain will be sent to the specific email address you have set, instead of a bounce back to the sender.
However, aside from receiving misaddressed messages, setting up a Catch-All email account can give you a MASSIVE increase in spam. If this is the case, we recommend that you remove your Catch-All account. If your email address is commonly misspelled, then an email forwarding is a preferred option.
Here's how to delete a Catch-All email account through the Plesk panel:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click Mail from the left-side menu.
- Click on the Mail Settings tab at the top.
- Click the domain name whose Catch-All email account you wish to remove.
- Select Reject. This is also the default setting if no Catch-All email account is created for a domain.
- Click OK to save.
Congratulations! You have now deleted the Catch-All email account in Plesk.
Note: All emails sent to non-existing emails with your domain name will bounce-back to the sender informing them that there is no such user.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.