A password that is not secure can compromise the confidentiality of your data. With data stored virtually, an account could be susceptible to hacking if you have chosen a weak password. In case your password is not a strong one, please consider changing it now.
There are two ways you can reset your Hosting Manager Password, which we’ll cover in this article.
For Forgotten Passwords
If you’ve forgotten your Hosting Manager Password and would like to regain access to it, you can simply do the following:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Lost Password? link.
- Enter your hosted domain name or username, then click Send.
We will send your login information to the email address that you used during registration. If you need further assistance, please contact us.
For Manual Password Updates
It’s ideal to reset your Hosting Manager Password regularly, to reduce the risk for hacking and other online security threats. You can do this within the Hosting Manager using the steps below:
- Log In to your Hosting Manager.
- On the Home page, click Settings at the top right corner of the page.
- In the drop-down menu, click Change Password.
- On the next page, fill out the following fields:
Make sure to create a strong password. The Strength meter will tell you if your password is weak or strong.
|Type your current password here
|Type your new password here
New Password (Again)
|Type your new password again, for confirmation
If you find it difficult to make a strong enough password for your email, you can let the system create one for you.
To do this, follow the steps below:
You can also choose to check I have copied this password in a safe place. Then, click Use Password. This will automatically copy and paste the generated password in the Password fields.
- Click the Password Generator button, next to the Strength meter.
- In the pop-up box, copy the generated password and paste that in the Password fields.
Important Note: Make sure you have actually saved the generated password in a safe and easy-to recall-place.
- You can check, or leave unchecked, Enable Digest Authentication for extra security.
Note: Digest authentication is a type of additional security measure. With this authentication process, a request from a user is sent to a network server, which is then sent to a domain controller. The domain controller then provides a special key, called a digest session key, to the network server that first received the authentication request.
If you have a validated SSL certificate then you do not need to enable this feature.
- Click the Change your password now! button.
Please let us know if you need further assistance or if you have any questions. We'd love to help!