Aside from an educated guess, an accurate diagnosis behind a website’s performance is possible through a website speed test. You can easily gain useful insight into the speed quality of your website using a third-party speed test tool. Up to date, there are several tools available. For the purpose of this article, we enumerated the most commonly used tools below:
How to Test Website Speed
To give you an overview, here’s a guide using one of the third-party tools (Web Page Test):
- Go to Web Page Test.
- Enter your Website URL in the specified field.
- Select your Test Location and Browser used from the corresponding drop-down menus.
- Click Start Test button to proceed.
Important Note: For a more accurate report, repeat this test after 10 to 15 minutes for a few more times.
Analysing Performance Results
Here are the things you have to consider when analysing perfomance results:
- If First Byte is greater than one second, your server is slow. This is due to your website’s plugins and coding.
- If Bytes in is greater than 1,000 KB, the browser has to download heaps of files before your website displays. Consider compressing your website files.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.