Every Domain Name has a Registrant and a Registrant Contact. While this may sound redundant, they play two very different roles.
The Registrant is the legal owner of the Domain Name and the Registrant Contact is the one who has access to use and manage the Domain. This means that:
- An individual, company, or organisation can be both Registrant and Registrant Contact.
- But, as the Registrant, you can choose to assign a different individual, company, or organisation as your Registrant Contact to handle domain management on your behalf.
If you want to remain as the legal owner of the Domain and just want to assign a different Registrant Contact, follow the guide below:
However, if you want to transfer the ownership of your Domain Name to a new Registrant, you have to complete a Transfer of Ownership Form, which can be downloaded via your Account Manager using the steps below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click on the Visit My Account button.
- Click Domains at the top menu.
- Click the Domain Name that you wish to manage.
- Scroll down to the Administration section.
- Hover your cursor over the Registrant Contact, then click the corresponding Change Owner link that appears.
- Hover your cursor over How to change the owner? and click Download Update Form to download the Domain Transfer of Ownership Form.
- Fill out the form, then send it back to us via Fax, Email, or Post as stated at the bottom of the form.
Note: Listed fees must be cleared before we can process the change. Once your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation by email. The processing time is up to 5 days.
Congratulations! You have just transferred your Domain Name Ownership to a new Registrant.