Website Builder gives you (2) two options when publishing your website live. You can publish your site to your Website Builder Domain or use a Subdomain of sitebeat.crazydomains.com for free. In this article, we will be focusing on the Website Builder Domain and how to use it. If you want to learn more about the Free Website Builder Subdomain, click here.
What Is a Website Builder Domain
Website Builder Domain is the Domain Name you connected to Website Builder upon purchase.
Your Website Builder registration is packaged with a Domain Name of your choice. Whether you connected an existing Domain Name to Website Builder upon purchase, or chose to register a new Domain Name along with Website Builder, the system automatically recognises this as the web address that you can use for publishing your Website Builder website.
Using the Website Builder Domain
Using the Website Builder Domain means you are ready to publish your website live so that, if someone enters the Website Builder Domain in a browser, e.g. mydomain.com, they are able to view your website from their device. To do this, you need to access the Website Builder Dashboard and publish your site.
Follow the instructions below to publish your site to your Website Builder Domain:
- Log In to Website Builder.
- You will be routed to the Website Builder Dashboard's Sites page.
- Hover your mouse pointer over a project and click the [...] Ellipsis Icon.
- Click Publish. A pop-up box will appear.
- Select Website Builder Domain and click Publish.
Congratulations! You just published your website to your Website Builder Domain.
Below are (2) two other ways you can find the Publish option:
- From the Website Builder Dashboard, click Edit to proceed with Editor mode, and click the Publish button at the top-right corner of the page.
- From the Website Builder Editor, click Preview at the top-right corner to proceed with Preview mode first, and click the Publish button at the bottom-right corner of the page.
The published website will have a  Published Icon showing on the project if you view it on your Website Builder Dashboard's Sites page.
While you are able to work on a maximum of (3) three projects, you can only publish (1) one website live.
Note: If you already have (1) one project or website published live and you try to publish another website, you will get a Limit Reached error. Click on the [x] Icon at the top-right corner of the page to go back. You will need to Unpublish one project to be able to publish another.
To Unpublish a website, go to your Website Builder Dashboard's Sites page and hover your mouse pointer over the published website, then click the [...] Ellipsis Icon and select Unpublish.
Why Can't I Select Website Builder Domain?
If you can't select Website Builder Domain when trying to publish a website, this is because it is currently assigned as a Primary Domain in one of your other projects. This is usually the project that you recently published live.
To fix this, you need to open that project and disconnect the Domain using the steps below:
- Log In to Website Builder.
- You will now be routed to your Website Builder Dashboard.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the project/website that is using your desired website address as Primary and click EDIT.
- Click Settings from the left-side menu, then click Domains.
- Click the Domain Name under Website Builder Domains.
- Click on the Disconnect Domain button.
You've now successfully disconnected the Domain Name and you can now publish a different project to your Website Builder Domain.
Congratulations! You just learned how to use the Website Builder Domain to publish your website/project in Website Builder.